Online matrimonial portal is a perfect platform to look for your life-partner, search from all available options, know the partner better and be of great fun too. We hope you find your ideal partner through our site. For this we want you to be safe in using this portal.
We hope to make this online matrimonial portal enjoyable for all our members and make every effort to provide a high level of privacy and security on our website. Like all online communities, you should remember that there are people who seek to take advantage of other users through scamming, or not being who they really claim to be and we urge all users to exercise caution in this regard.
Our sites do their best to provide a safe environment for you and your online relationships.
We care for the safety and security your profile and the personal information provided by you.
Online Safety Tips:
A stitch in time saves nine. If you are careful and guarded then you can avoid any unpleasant situations.
• Avoid using your complete signatures which mention place of work / address / phone numbers in your initial correspondences.
• Don't be drawn by the looks and the profile content alone. All that glitters is not Gold!
• Don't let any person pressurize you to reveal your personal information.
• Never ignore the following behavioral trends :
⇒ If your clear questions don’t get direct answers.
⇒ If the person seems to ponder on minor questions.
⇒ If inconsistent information is provided about education, occupation, age, caste, appearance etc.
⇒ If there is a significant difference in the person and the online profile.
⇒ If the person avoids commitment.
⇒ If the person avoids your interaction with family members, colleagues or friends.
⇒ If the person is avoiding further interactions frequently with you due to unexplained reasons.
♦ When the same questions are asked in different ways you can easily spot changes in the answering patterns.
♦ Check the compatability quotient because this is mandatory for a person with whom you intend to spend your entire life.
♦ It’s always better to take decisions unanimously so involve your family members / friends in this process. They may detect things that you may have missed to notice.
♦ Extreme display of emotions be it anger, frustration, sorrow, boastful attitude are easy warning signs.
♦ Notice the general behaviour not only towards you but also to other unknown people you encounter during the meetings. An extra dash of sarcasm, lack of respect, pungent jokes may not go well with you.
♦ Check out the attitude and the person's take on various issues to rate the person.
• Even though appearance is not the only defining factor yet it gives a fair idea of the person. We all know and agree that first impression is the best impression.
• A view at the album would allow you to view the person in various settings such as at the home, office, outdoors etc. The way the person is dressed also gives an idea of their tastes.
• You can use the Photo Password feature on pakadekha.com. As pakadekha.com offers free uploading services to its members, there's no reason that someone shouldn't be able to provide you a photo when called for.
• View several images of someone in various styles: casual, formal, indoor and outdoor. If he/she gives excuses about why you can't see a photo, consider that he or she has something to hide.
• Don’t forget to let us know if by any chance the member sends across unacceptable photos to you.
• You should use chat messengers as the next step after the making initial contact by mail or by our messaging service. You may follow this up with some telephonic conversations too.
About Calls:► If you feel that you are ready for the next level then you can have a word on phone. You may also choose to let your parents speak to them / their family members. Ensure the usage of a pre-paid mobile number and this could also be used exclusively for marriage purpose only.► Furnish your contact number only when you feel completely comfortable and have some information about the other person. Never provide your contact details at any other place other than where it has been stipulated.► If someone provides you a phone number with a strange area code, check it out to make sure it's not a charge number before you make the call.► Make sure that you call / receive calls at acceptable times.
• Chats would give you an idea of how well the person expresses himself / herself. You can discuss the basic things including likes / dislikes / hobbies. Voice based chats also have been identified as good ways of communication.
• Don’t reveal too much about your schedules, your workplace etc. while chatting.
• Don't miss out on any eccentric / out of place comments / unusual behaviour that could be the warning signs.
► Ensure that the number provided to you is genuine and is not a charged one.
► Your contact information as posted on the site is available only to our Paid Members. We suggest that Paid members restrict the communication to mails and reveal all the information only when sure. Also paid members are requested to avail password protect options to protect all sensitive information.
Always Trust Your Instincts:
• If at any point you feel unsafe or uncomfortable, stop communicating with the user for your own safety and protection.
Protect your finances:
• When communicating with members through our site look out for odd behaviour or inconsistencies in their profile or conversation or actions. The person at the other end may not be who or what he or she says they are.
• Closely look for odd behaviour or inconsistencies. Serious people will always respect your space and allow you to take your time to make a decision.
• Stop communicating with anyone who pressures you for personal information like photo, mailing address, mobile no. etc., or attempts in any way to trick you into revealing it.
• Read the correspondences / profiles carefully and ensure that they are not superfluous / unrealistic.
• Take your time in judging a person and drawing your conclusions.
• Ask your parents / friends / any unbiased relation to also scan through the correspondence / profiles and put forth their observations.
We may advice you to ignore any request you receive from any of our member to send money and report it to us immediately – even if the person claims to be in an emergency. You should agree that sending money or transferring money by any means or mode, the sender has no protections against loss and it's nearly impossible to reverse the transaction or trace the money. We at Pakadekha.com shall also be not liable for the same. It’s you and only you have to be very cautious and careful in dealing with such requests whatsoever be the profile of the member.
Protect all your personal information and details:
Also, you should never give your financial information (such as your bank’s name, bank’s account number, credit / debit card details, your PAN Card No., other number(s) / details related to your social identification to people you don't know or you haven't met in person.
You should also be very careful about sharing other profile information, such as your contact details, email and residential or official addresses, your photos, your horoscope or sensitive personal information that you do not want other people to know. You are in control of your online matrimonial experience at all times – and should protect these until you feel comfortable to share the same. You are only the best to decide on these issues. Try to take advantage of our member-to-member technology that protects these details until you decide to reveal it. We have different protective feature options under our various membership subscription schemes and we request you to avail these features and benefits.
Accessing your profile from external systems:
You should use extra caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information. In case you share your computer with others, please disable the auto sign-in feature to your account and clear all saved passwords.
You may kindly note that pakadekha.com or its Team members will never send you an email or call you asking for your username and password information. Please remain ALERT on such communications.
Be Web Wise and Be Cautious of Scammers
On a matrimonial website, a scammer is someone who builds a relationship with you, pretending to be a legitimate user of a matrimonial website then uses fraudulent claims to defraud you. For instance, some users join the site but aren't looking for marriage. Instead they may use your personal details to send unwanted advertisements or ask for money (which is known as a scam). To prevent yourself from undesirable contacts we have compiled a list of tips below to help you be on the safe side. As stated in our terms and conditions of use, we do not conduct background checks of any nature, nor do we conduct criminal checks on any user/ member so you must be responsible for your own use of the site, safely.
These scams range from illegal advertisements, to redirection to other websites where you have to pay, to asking for credit card details or money.
Be on your guard of communications that ask you to act immediately, offer something that sounds too good to be true, or asks for personal information. These people may be SCAMMER. Be ALERT and remain wise while using our portal. There are certain red flags to watch for that may indicate you're dealing with a scammer. Also, be aware of anyone who -
• Quickly asks to talk or chat on an outside email or messaging service
• Claims to be Indian but currently travelling, living or working abroad
• Asks you for money
• Vanishes mysteriously from the site, then reappears under a different name
• Talks about "destiny" or "fate"
• Claims to be recently widowed
• Claims to be an orphan and no one are there. Grew up alone.
• Asks for your address under the guise of sending flowers or gifts
• Makes an inordinate amount of grammar and/or spelling errors
• Sends you emails containing strange links to third-party websites
• Be cautious of members whose profiles state they are from one country but the person tells you they are from another.
• Most commonly, the female scammer will describe herself as "god fearing, real, honest, sincere, loving, genuine". If you believe the person contacting you fits the descriptions listed above and looks too good to be true, ignore them and DO report them to us straight away.
•You should exercise caution and hopefully this information will provide you with advice on scammers to help you stay safe online.
•Never let your guard down. Some people take advantage of others by befriending people and trying to scam them.
If you wish you may also block such profiles to prevent them from communicating with you further.
Your involvement will help keep the community fun and enjoyable. Then only the ultimate purpose of this portal can be achieved.
• Asking you for money or donations
• Members sending harassing or offensive emails/IMs
• Members behaving inappropriately after meeting in person
• Fraudulent registration or profiles
• Spam or solicitation, such as invitations to sell products or services
First meetings are always exciting, however, always take precautions and proper steps and do remember the following guidelines.
Offline Safety Tips:
Get to know the other person before meeting them.
Use all our technology and its features to know the prospect better. Apply your instinct, discuss the profile details of prospects with your parents and /or other family members and proceed. We don't conduct criminal background checks on our members, so if you would like more information about someone, we recommend getting details cross-verified from other sources, as applicable. If you choose to meet up, or talk to someone out with the safety of our site you should be very careful. Arrange the meeting with a person you know well, never meet a stranger.
Always meet in public
If you are meeting someone for the first time do meet in a populated, public location – never in a private or remote location, and never at member’s home or apartment. We also recommend for the first meet do go with your parents or relatives. Never proceed alone. Never go to meet at unearthly hours. Do not go to a secluded place or a movie alone at the first meeting.
Tell your parents or a friend or a family member
Inform a friend or family member of your plans and when and where you're going. If you own a mobile phone, make sure you have it with you.
Keep a clear mind and avoid doing anything that would impair your judgment and cause you to make a decision you could regret.
Long Distance Meetings
Long distance meetings pose special safety concerns to take into account. Keep these tips in mind.
► Stay in a hotel. Check into your own room and avoid staying in the other person's home. If you can't afford a hotel, you shouldn't go.
► Use a taxi or rental car to get to and from the airport. Securing your own ride is important. Even if the person you're meeting volunteers to pick you up from the airport, do not get into a personal vehicle with someone you've never met.
► Keep your hotel location confidential. The person you're meeting should respect your privacy until you know each other.
► Remember to keep your parents, family and friends posted. Tell someone who you are meeting, where you are going and when you will return. If possible travel with your parents/ close relatives / close friends only. Avoid travelling alone.
Other points to keep in mind:
Let someone know where you are going, how you are getting there, when you are expected to arrive and when you are expected home.
• Never arrange for your prospect to pick you up at home.
• Always carry a mobile phone if you have one.
• If you feel uncomfortable you should remove yourself from the situation.
• Don't ignore the following behaviour especially if it is without an acceptable explanation:
• Provides inconsistent information about age, interests, appearance, marital status, salary, profession, employment, etc.
• Fails to provide direct answers to direct questions.
• Never introduce you to friends, professional associates or family members
• Take your own time to decide on a trustworthy person and pay careful attention along the way.
• Don't become prematurely close to someone, even if that intimacy only occurs online.
You should always remember:
♦ That you have to be in control when it comes to taking an online relationship offline.
♦ To ask as many questions to him/her and watch for inconsistencies. This will help you detect liars & cons, and it will help you find out if you're truly compatible.
♦ To pay attention to displays of anger, intense frustration or attempts to pressure or control you. Acting in a resentful manner, making demeaning or disrespectful comments, or any physically inappropriate behaviour are all warning signs.
♦ To beware of those who try to ask money from you for whatever reason. Genuine person will not ask you for money in any circumstance. If someone asks you for money, use common sense and never give in to such requests.
Before you take final decision, do verify the personal details of other person. Do not rush for marriage without verification, even if you receive marriage proposals through your relatives or friends or local matchmakers.
Also ensure that you also respect the privacy of other members just as you wish yours to be.
In case, you encounter any unpleasant situations, please bring it to our notice without fail. Your actions would help us to punish the guilty and save others from going through the same.
Enjoy browsing and have fun!
Whatever is stated above is for your own safety and just to inform you about the required precautionary steps you need to obtain. Please don't let this put you off. We hope you will find the man or woman of your dreams, but we only want to be sure that the steps you take to do so are safe for you, your family and for your marital success.